Whole baked Murray cod with butter sauce
1 x whole Murray cod, approximately 1.2-1.5kg
125ml dry white wine
125ml water or fish stock
1 x clove garlic, finely sliced
100g unsalted butter, room temperature
6 x leaves parsley, chopped
salt, to taste
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 – 4 people
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Ask your fishmonger to clean, gut and scale your fish.
- Make 3-4 small cuts into each side of the fillets, and season the fish well with salt.
- Place fish into a large, prepared baking tray.
- Add sliced garlic, white wine and water (or stock).
- Cook in hot oven for 14-18 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
- Place fish onto a large platter, reserve liquid from pan.
- Drain cooking liquid into a small pot, reduce by half over a medium heat and then whisk butter in slowly.
- Add parsley, then pour sauce over the fish.